DURATION: 24 months with possibility of extension (contingent on funding)
WORK HOURS: Full-time
LOCATION: Office of the CLA in the central part of Sofia
The Center for Legal Aid – Voice in Bulgaria (CLA) is an independent non-governmental organization founded in 2009, with the mission to promote the rights of asylum seekers, refugees and migrants on the territory of Bulgaria through legal aid and advocacy.
The Communications Expert will be a key member of our team, charged with designing and implementing communications campaigns and strategies; managing relations with the media; monitoring of media and relevant social trends and public attitudes; planning and coordinating the preparation and dissemination of information to stakeholders and the public, including through our social media, newsletters and websites; organizing events (conferences, public discussions, workshops, exhibitions, etc.); and other strategically important tasks in support of our advocacy goals.
· 5+ years of experience in strategic communications/campaigning preferably in the NGO sector and/or in the area of human rights;
· University degree in a relevant area (e.g., Journalism and Mass Communications; Marketing; Political Science; Human Rights; or similar);
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with media and journalists;
· Impeccable speaking, writing and editing skills (grammar, style and punctuation) in both English and Bulgarian;
· Strong organizational skills and ability to deal effectively with third-party suppliers for event organization, preparation of communication materials, etc.;
· Experience in and technical knowledge of maintaining/updating websites and using social media (Facebook, Twitter) for strategic communication;
· Interest in the area of human rights, especially migrant and refugee rights, and drive to advocate for the promotion of these rights.
· An opportunity to make a difference in upholding human rights in Bulgaria and the region and exposure to top-notch expertise at national and EU level in this respect;
· Friendly and supportive work environment, accepting of flexible work arrangements and schedules;
· Opportunities to travel nationally and internationally for meetings, trainings and conferences;
· Attractive remuneration, competitive for the NGO sector.
If interested, please email your CV and an accompanying cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and how you meet the required qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 July 2019. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled, so we advise you to apply early.